Your interest in Freemasonry is welcomed.
While the exact nature of Freemasonry may be unknown to you, it is important that you should know...
- If you are seeking Membership YOU MUST ASK a Mason or a Masonic Lodge for an application.
- Your decision to join is made without inducement by others, nor for personal gain or reasons of idle curiosity.
- You must be a man at least 21 years of age
- You must have a personal belief in a "Supreme Being." (However, the definition of "Supreme Being" is up to you.)
- You fully appreciate that, although Freemasonry requires of every member that he firmly believe in a Supreme Being, Freemasonry is not a religion, nor a substitute for religion; that it teaches no doctrine of salvation; and that it is only a philosophy, expounded through its rituals, based upon self-improvement and self-discipline, the universal virtues of temperance, fortitude, prudence and justice, and further, the practice of tolerance and charity.
- You must be willing to sign a Petition, stating your age, occupation, and place of residence.
- There are NO religious, political, or racial restrictions for membership other than the aforementioned belief in a Supreme Being, as any discussion of religion or politics is strictly forbidden in a Masonic Lodge.
- Admission is decided by ballot. To be accepted, the ballot must be unanimous.